Choosing the right career might be confusing and troublesome, at times. If you want to pick Company Secretary as a career, then make sure that you are completely aware of the following essential qualities, necessary in the field.
Eligibility for the course and the road ahead
Applicants, who want to try their hands, can apply for the course after completing their 10+2, or it’s alike. One has to advance their way through the executive and professional-programs, to earn the certification. As the job is full of essential duties, the presumed pay of a company secretary can be somewhere in the range between, RS. 25,000 – 40, 000.
The profile of an ideal company secretary
An organization’s secretary is a link between the board of officials and the organization. As a result, his job is full of critical duties. But these confined areas, when conquered, present him a broader reach in success in the event of life. A company secretary is a leading position in a business, mainly as an officer, he gets several benefits in his work. Being a qualified company secretary, he receives enormous job opportunities.
Ability to Multi-task
A Company Secretary has to tackle all the balls targeting him, at the same time: planning for conference and meetings falls under the responsibility of that person.
- It’s essential to balance out the priorities, and supports the talks between management and the committee of administrators in an organization. Too many tasks on the desk at a time justify the diverse role of the job.
- Communicate, so that people working around understands their work and know what’s most relevant and requires immediate attention.
Top company secretary firms in India state that the person should understand, nature of a company and the circumstances and setting of it in the market.
- They must be able to evaluate and execute the code of governance into the suitable elements of business: Its structures, strategies, and methods come under this section.
- The chairperson depends on the Company Secretary to address an issue to the board of directors in the meeting. He will also expect solutions in executing actions.
- The Company Secretary must support and perform these tasks in a way that their company can easily understand, without any confusion and complications.
Effective Planning skills
A person working at a company secretaries firm in Delhi needs to be ahead of others in the competition, by using practical strategies at the right place.
- Planning can equate with the working process of any administration, influenced heavily by future goals and is effective in preparing for the challenges faced in the mission.
- This is essential, given that committee meeting cycles are schedule dependent, the inside and outside commitments must be delivered on time.
- One needs to poses skills and knowledge, regarding project management for seamless working.
An eagle’s eye
- An ideal company secretary should be able to focus on every minute detail work and should know the things required in the process for achieving the same.
- Company secretary services in India assure that the activity of the committee, as well as that of higher organizations, is performed flawlessly, without errors or imperfections to it.
- Distribution of reports, and spreading messages regarding shares, filing ownership of stakes in the company along with the changes related to shareholding, must all be managed effortlessly without any hassle by the person.
Company secretaries do their work along with senior, experienced characters in the company– affiliates or administrators, CEOs, senior managers and often several senior shareholders.
- They must possess maturity, statesmanship, intelligence, perception and good skills in negotiation.
- They must be ready to hear and should effectively interact in every stage of communication, be it via written or verbal ways.
- The Company Secretary should establish productive working relations with all committee members, giving them unbiased advice and working for the best interests of the company.
- While supporting board improvement, the Company Secretary should help the chairman by all required means, including committee evaluation, selection, and preparation of candidates for it.
- This should involve performing an evaluation, precisely on the council, committee, and individual supervisors concerned, assuring that the activities resulting from the studies are taken care of.
Judgment and Decision Making skills
- The capacity to evaluate and making reasonable decisions, often in situations involving both opposing parties , is an essential quality of an ideal company secretary.
- This is particularly vital on situations, related to any senior personnels in it.
- They should also have an outstanding role in interacting with outside stakeholders and is often the primary point of contact regarding queries related to the same section.
Epitome of perfection
- Top law firms in India state that a company’s secretary participates in most of the legal duties along with the directors of the firm, for completion of arrays of tasks.
- The company asks his mind, regarding any decision related to security.
- The person also helps in adjusting and balancing out evenly, the wide-spread affairs of various shareholders in the company.
If you are interested in pondering over several issues associated with the corporate world, then make sure to be well aware of legal or judicial elements. Excellent communication skill is a bonus to one, irrespective to his field of work.
An organization’s secretary is a link between the board of officials and the organization. As a result, his job is full of critical duties. But these confined areas, when conquered, present him a broader reach in success in life.